Heart of Darkness
Last week in summary:
– Wednesday night, up ’till dawn finishing some graphics for a presentation on Thursday.
– Thursday night, up ’till 3AM finishing a proposal for delivery on Friday,
– 200 mile road trip on Friday so I could deliver the bid on time, then
– Friday night, gig with the Mag Bats at Cary Street Cafe’, got home at 2:30AM, then
had to unload all the music gear and load all the fishing gear so I could get up on
– Saturday morning to participate in a fishing tournament in Nelson County.
Here’s a clip from the gig Friday night. There is some deep, Friday the 13th conjuring up
of the spirit from the darkness on 3 hours of sleep in here:
Well, I finally got down by the river at noon, and I did well in the tournament,
even though the rest of my fishing club had a 4 hour head start on me.
I felt good all day, even caught (and released) a trophy fish! …And I took a pile of pictures,
but discovered at the end of the day that I had underexposed all the photos!
I mean they were super dark, the heart of darkness, some of them looked completely black!
This was my first trip on the water in 2012. I had been looking forward to getting out on the river
to photograph a whole new class of rootballs, and I went to great effort shooting these pictures
while floating in a canoe in fast current, running my trolling motor with one hand
and holding the camera with the other, while looking through the viewfinder.
So, I’ve been trying to rescue them today, and here are a few –